He was man enough.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010
After taking a rain check Friday evening, "Thing 3" took place last night.

Much to my surprise, I had a good time.

I met him at his place, we stood in his living room for a split minute, then he drove us down the street to a trendy sushi place I suggested because as long as I've lived in my neighborhood- I have never eaten there.

After discussing our days briefly, I may have come off as a bit upset, only because my oh so sweet mother embarrassed me in front of a dear friend earlier in the evening and I was still kind of huffing and puffing over it. But nonetheless, he says
"I'm buying the sushi."
I said,
"That's not the deal... I lost beer pong, I'm buying dinner.. it's only fair."
He says,
"No, you've had a long day, I'm taking you to dinner."


We order 4 rolls. All kinds I've never had.
Conversation is little, but it's not awkward.
We eat. We laugh.
He pays. I smile.

Then we stop at the liquor store and he buys 2 bottles of red wine. I love wine. And only recently have I grown to love red wine.

We go back to his place. Drink wine. Watch the Office.

Then things get awkward. No hand holding. No overt flirting. It's odd.

He likes to get me kind of tipsy, all. the. time. though... I'm not sure I like it, or him. But who knows.

I stay too late and he walks me out and says
"Talk to you later."

I say,
"Yeah, for sure."
And skip to my car at midnight.

I'm left feeling as awkward as this blog entry is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment